When you’re really hungry, ” Salad” always sounds like a slap, doesn’t it? When I’m Hangry, you can’t come up with a salad anyway. Well – unless it’s part of the garnish of a big juicy burger or something. But there is one exception: thick beans salad. OMG!
How lucky that the salad is so simple and quick to make and even makes the hearts of vegans beat faster. So if you come home after a long day and just want to quickly open a can and heat its contents on the stove, then the thick bean salad is just right for you.
Heat the thick beans from the tin and quickly mix the garlic, lemon and parsley with a sea of best olive oil. Then add the warm beans and you’re done.
You see, it doesn’t take a lot of ingredients to ignite a firework of aromas. And the best thing is: The thick bean salad is a real all-rounder. Whether as an appetizer, as a quick filler or as a side dish with fish or meat, it fits perfectly.
Recipe for 2 portions thick beans salad
- 1 tin of white beans (400g with liquid)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful flat parsley
- 5 tbsp olive oil (or more according to taste)
- salt, pepper
- Bring the beans and the liquid to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Peel the garlic and crush very finely in a mortar. (Make it a mush)
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon. (To taste also a little more)
- Chop the parsley roughly.
- Mix the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and parsley in a bowl.
- Collect the beans in a sieve and dispose of the liquid.
- Pour the warm beans directly into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.